What information do we gather?
Do we share the information we gather?
How secure is your information?
Unauthorized use of our wine website (use under 21 years of age)
Opting in and out
Special note to international users
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Biltmore.com experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future website visits for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses Biltmore.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Biltmore.com on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Biltmore or our affiliates, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from Biltmore.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you want to adjust your preferences or stop receiving emails from us, please click the "Update Profile" or "Unsubscribe" links provided at the bottom of any of our emails.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personalized information on Biltmore.com and advertisements on other websites.
DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE GATHER?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below. We require affiliates of Biltmore.com to implement controls that either conform to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Biltmore.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, but remains subject to the promises made in any preexisting Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Biltmore, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired, customer information may be transferred.
- Protection of Biltmore.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Biltmore.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
HOW SECURE IS YOUR INFORMATION?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF OUR WINE WEBSITE (USE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE)
The wine website is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, persons under the age of 21. If you are under 21 years of age and have entered this wine website, you must immediately leave this website. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU SUBMIT PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE. WE ARE COMMITTED TO COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE REGULATIONS, LAWS, AND RULES, INCLUDING THOSE ISSUED BY THE BEER MARKETING INSTITUTE AND COPPA.
OPTING IN AND OPTING OUT
You will usually be asked to agree to receive communications about special offers or programs from Biltmore, and any of our affiliated brands or divisions at the time you provide your email address to us ("Opt-In"). In the event that you provide your email address via a channel that does not include a mechanism for you to affirmatively Opt-In, you agree that by providing your email address, you are completing an Opt-In and that you will be responsible for opting out of receiving any future communications about special offers or programs by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of each email communication (each an "Opt-Out").
From time to time, we may run certain campaigns that provide you with the ability to send a text message to a specific short code and provide an Opt-In to receive future text messages. Your Opt-In request provides us with your mobile phone number. If you choose to Opt-In, you agree that we may, from time to time, send messages to the mobile device associated with that number about new products, promotions, services, or offers. Although there is no fee associated with this service, your carrier may charge you for each message you receive in accordance with your calling plan. You agree that we are not responsible in any way for such charges. If you do not wish to continue to receive any messages via your mobile device, you may Opt-Out at any time. Failure to Opt-Out after you have previously provided an Opt-In constitutes your consent to continue to receive these messages until you elect to Opt-Out and your release of us from any carrier charges associated with such messages.
SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
When a Customer contacts us to inquire about or revise an existing reservation, we require the original confirmation number or last four digits of the credit card number used for the reservation to confirm identity. When a Customer contacts us to make a reservation, we need certain information such as name, address, and telephone number to respond to the inquiry and to make the reservation. A credit card number is necessary to guarantee the reservation. Biltmore will charge the credit card account of a Customer to collect a deposit at the time of the reservation and to collect the appropriate charges from a Customer who fails to arrive and fails to cancel the reservation in a timely manner. Biltmore may impose other conditions on the reservation such as minimum length of stay, advance deposit, and other terms of the contract. A Customer should always ask for and record a confirmation number when making, changing, or canceling a reservation. Information collected as part of the reservation process is used as this Policy describes whether or not the Customer actually utilizes the reservation. Biltmore may, but is under no obligation to, contact Customers with reservations to inform them about changes in the status of the activity for which the reservations are made and may suggest alternatives.
We may ask Customers to submit their email address when they make reservations with or purchases from us. The primary purpose for capturing your email addresses is to send you a sales or reservation confirmation. Our confirmations may contain additional offers based on information you provide. When Customers provide their email address to us, they may consent to receive email offers from or through us. We may also collect Customer email addresses and share them with our third-party service providers for purposes of conducting consumer research and surveys. Customers will always have the ability to opt out of future email communications; however, we will continue to send emails to confirm your reservations or purchases.
It is our intent to only send email communications (other than confirmation) to Customers who have consented to receive them and/or to Customers who have permitted third parties to share the Customer's email address for purposes of receiving promotional emails. At any time a Customer may opt out of receiving email communications by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link provided at the bottom of each email communication.
We currently use third-party email service providers to send emails. We prohibit service providers from using our Customer's email address for any purpose other than to send Biltmore-related email.
Occasionally, we run sweepstakes and contests. We ask Customers who enter in the sweepstakes or contest to provide contact information (like an email address). If a Customer participates in a sweepstakes or contest, his/her contact information may be used to reach him/her about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing, and business purposes. All sweepstakes/contests entry forms will provide a way for participants to opt out of any communication that is not related to awarding prizes for the sweepstakes/contest.
You must be 18 years or older to participate in our sweepstakes/contests, and 21 years or older for any wine or beer sweepstakes/contests. For complete rules and regulations for specific sweepstakes/contests, please click the link provided within the sweepstakes or contest.